Who We Are
World Thrust International is a catalyst to help mobilize the local church, worldwide, toward more effective involvement in the evangelization of the world. Focusing on the maturing Church in developing nations, our vision is that every local church – rich and poor, east and west, north and south – becomes a sending base for followers of Jesus Christ, so that a clear presentation and demonstration of the Gospel is available to all people.
To see every local church in the world become a sending base for the Gospel of Christ so that a clear presentation and demonstration of it is available to all people.
The purpose of World Thrust International is to glorify God through serving as a catalyst, helping pastors and church leaders worldwide to lead their local churches to embrace a more effective involvement in the evangelization of the world.
World Thrust International fulfills its purpose through being:
- A Mobilizing Force
- A Multiplier of Resources
- A Multiplier of Sending Bases
- A Change Agent
- A Help to Missionaries
- A Help to Local Churches
- A Help to World Mission Agencies
Statement of Faith
We affirm the Lausanne Covenant established at the International Congress on World Evangelization, Lausanne, Switzerland, July 1974. The following statement of faith is intended as a brief summary of what the Lausanne Covenant affirms more completely and expresses statements of faith historically held by evangelicals.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:6-8)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood. We believe in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent and personal return in power and glory. (John 3:16; I Corinthians 15:3-4; I Peter 2:18-24)
4. We believe the Holy Spirit is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to those who believe. The Holy Spirit brings about the conviction of sin and the new birth, bears witness of our adoption, and is the power behind Christian growth and ministry. (Matthew 3:11; John 14:16-17; John 16:5-15; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4, 38-39; Acts 19:1-7; I Corinthians 12:7-11)
5. We believe that all people are lost and guilty of sin. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and people. Salvation is brought about, not by works, but by faith in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7; Ephesians 2:8-9; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 22:20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of everyone, both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life; and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:24, 28, 29)
7. We believe the Church is at the very center of God’s cosmic purpose and represents the Body of Christ on earth. (Matthew 28:19,20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 3:9-11; I Corinthians 12:27)